Leathered granite is a finish style that has grown in popularity over the past several years. It can be the perfect option for an outdoor application, vanity, or countertop in the kitchen or bathroom.If you are thinking about a stone installation, here are the pros and cons of leathered granite to consider.
Pros of Leathered Granite Countertops
1. An advantage to consider with leathered granite is the fact that it offers a finished product that looks natural. Although a high-gloss sheen can complement a variety of looks in the home, you will add uniqueness to a surface that would otherwise be overlooked.
2. When you are considering leathered granite for your countertops, you will find that there is a wide range of texture options available. The texture can be described as slightly “pebbly,” offering small fissures and pits that make it look like a piece of fine leather. It is a customization option that you cannot find with any other finish.
3. Leathered granite is less susceptible to stains over its lifetime compared to other surfaces. Because this finish creates more of a matte outcome, you will find that it can hide fingerprints more effectively. You will find fewer water spots on the surface over time. There are also fewer smudges that you will want to clean up after installing the leathered granite, making it the perfect option for an outdoor application, vanity, or countertop in the kitchen or bathroom.
4. Leathered granite has a natural level of bacterial resistance. You can clean this surface with a wet microfiber towel, and then allow it to dry completely without the need for chemical cleaners. It is also heat-resistant, so you can use the countertop for your cooking needs without worrying about damaging the surface.
5. Leathered granite is a naturally slip-resistant surface. If you set something on the countertop, you can rest assured that it is going to stay there – even though the actual top of the counter is slightly uneven because of the texturing that is present.
Cons of Leathered Granite Countertops
1. Leathered granite is a lot easier to scratch than other surfaces. Chipping is possible too when there is a strong impact on the surface. You can avoid this disadvantage by sealing the granite surface as part of the installation process. Although it will minimize the textural elements of the stone, you will prevent many of the standard damage issues that can occur.
2. Because leathered granite is an uneven, natural product, trying to clean the textural components of the stone can be more challenging compared to other polished surfaces.
It is helpful to keep a brush available for your leathered granite to sweep away the debris that might accumulate on its surface.
3. Because of the available texturing, there can be ripples and ridges that make your countertops uneven. Because every slab of this product is slightly different, you may need to shop around for a while to find something that works well in your space for the work that you do.
GIVE US A CALL OR STOP BY OUR SHOWROOM TO LOOK AT SAMPLES OF LEATHERED GRANITE COUNTERTOPS & MORE FOR YOUR NEXT PROJECT! (386) 586-7059
This Ormond Beach, Florida home is full of swoon worthy granite, marble, quartz and quartzite countertops, backsplashes, custom farmhouse sinks and more!! Wait until you see it for yourself.
Granite Kitchen Countertops
This striking Patagonia Granite may be one of the more complex stones available. A mixture of granite and quartzite – a dramatic stone ideal for the customer looking to make a statement with their countertops and who recognizes its beauty.
This granite slab was custom cut, polished and installed throughout the kitchen to create a cohesive look through their countertops, backsplash and custom farmhouse sink.
Granite Office Countertops
Master Bathroom Marble Countertops
Marble is loved as a timeless and classic material, adding a note of luxury to this stunning master bathroom! The marble countertops and tub deck are both crafted from a Calacatta Gold Extra Marble slab – a distinctive Italian marble of whites and golds.
Bathroom Quartz, Granite and Marble Countertops
Leathered Granite Bar Countertops
Leathered countertops offer a different look and feel, giving the stone a textured appearance while retaining its natural color. This leathered granite countertop is the perfect addition to this entertaining bar area – cheers!
While images can convey a lot, you’ll need to see these slabs of marble, granite and quartz in person to fully soak in the beauty. Stop by our showroom or give us a call! 386-586-7059
We can’t wait to bring your project to life.